Social bookmarking is the modern student's research tool. Diigo is also very educator friendly. They have educator accounts specifically geared towards getting K-12 teachers to use their service, so they have lots of educators who view and share their bookmarks. This is also what most of our users are!
What do I want you to try?
Consider doing your initial research completely online directly on the world wide web, that is, organize (bookmark and tag), highlight, and annotate your web pages directly on the Internet. This will allow you to get an overview before you start collecting the pieces of information you deem important for your writing project or holiday trip.
After having done your initial research, you will have a clearer picture of the topic and can decide which information you really need. In many cases, you may find that you have already achieved your goal, and a brief summary is all you need to take away from your research.
How to do it?
My favorite tool to accomplish this is the social research tool Diigo. Diigo stands for "Digest of Internet Information, Groups and Other Stuff". After signing up for a free account at diigo.com, you can either use the so-called Diigolet (no installation, all web browsers), or the Diigo Bookmarking toolbar (add-on to Firefox or Internet Explorer) to bookmark, tag, highlight, annotate, and share web pages you come across.
Let's face it — continuously coming up with new and fresh content to keep your email readers, followers, and fans engaged isn't easy. But what if there was a way to ease some of your content burden, and still get awesome results? This is where content curation comes in.
To put it simply, content curation is the process of finding existing, relevant content and sharing it with your online audience. This means that rather than creating every new newsletter article, blog post, or social media post yourself, you can add other people's content into the mix. You'll save time and also experience added benefits by:
- Demonstrating your expertise
- Offering your readers something valuable
- Building relationships with others in your industry
- Supporting your brand and getting your business in front of more people
It's so important that - to encourage this - Get Free Followers pays it's users - who bookmarks others' contents on Diigo. You gain coins by doing so - an added benefit. Then you can convert these coins to REAL money from the Coins to Cash section.
Below is how you can earn Coins by Diigo bookmarking :
- Log in to Get Free Followers.
- Navigate to Diigo Bookmarks exchange page.
- 1st, read through the Exchange guidelines and Anyone breaking any of the below ... sections carefully.
- Next - please attach your Diigo account - using the text-box shown in the exchange page. Please enter your Diigo user name there.
- Once you have successfully attached your Diigo account, you'll be taken to the URLs you can add to Diigo. You'll see a Add New Bookmark button for the URLs you can add - click on it.
- A dialog window will open - as displayed in above screenshot.
- URL and Title will be pre-populated for you. Please write down a short description on what you are sharing.
You may select the Read Later check-box (optional). You can also put your bookmark in a list - if you already have any (Add to a List checkbox), or put the bookmark in a group - if you are a member of any such one (Share to a Group checkbox). This is also optional.
You've been given enough timeout period - 5 minutes - to complete these steps! So don't worry - the dialog is not going to close so early before you can have the coins awarded.
Note : Don't select the Private checkbox. This makes the bookmark private to you only - and no-one else can view it - once they visit your profile. This is NOT RECOMMENDED by Get Free Followers. If you select this - while adding bookmark to Diigo - you MAY NOT receive the reward after this!
- Once you've filled all the details - as mentioned in the previous point - click on the Add New Bookmark button to add it to your Diigo account (and also add it to the selected List or Group - if you selected any of these in the previous step).
- Now close the pop-up manually to receive coins.